Wednesday, September 13, 2006

"I read banned books"

I have seen a new post on the The Google Blog about a list of banned and challenged books from 20th century. It was nice to see that a lot of my favorite books are part of the list of best novels of the 20th century have been challenged or banned.

The interesting fact on that is that I do not usually decide about reading a book by magazine reviews and/or ranking of latest week's best sellers. I'd rather to collect good opinions in person talking to my friends. However, most of the time I discover good authors by 'accident' (by watching movies that refer some particular authors or by listening to some music which is inspired in some books). :-)

Furthermore, the list contains several books that I have already put on my shelf. Now, I was wondering what would be banned today ?

Keep reading! ;-)
./Eli

No comments: