Monday, November 27, 2006

First Impressions of Supercomputing & VTCD'06

I guess this is a late post. However, I still think it is relevant to say some words about my impressions of Supercomputing Conference 2006 (SC'06).

The SC'06 was held in Tampa, FL this year. As my first time in the conference, I had a bit of expectation about how large the conference is. It was very good to see the mix of industry and academia there. The main challange maybe is to measure how the demand posed by industrial scale clients would be driving research labs and university efforts.

The First International Workshop on Virtualization Technology in Distributed Computing (VTDC'06) was held in conjunction with SC'06 and it was a great opportunity to meet researchers involved in virtualization technologies.

I have been most of the time attending to the technical sessions, where there were a lot of interesting works and conversations. Here is a small list of papers that I have found neat ideas and important findings:



Hopefully see you on SC'07...

Cheers,
./Eli

No comments: